Like many human beliefs, the fear of Friday the 13th (known as paraskevidekatriaphobia) isn’t exactly grounded in scientific logic. But the really strange thing is that most of the people who believe the day is unlucky offer no explanation at all, logical or illogical. As with most superstitions, people fear Friday the 13th for its own sake, without any need for background information.
There seems to be an endless list of superstitions, everything from good luck to bad luck….and even death(yikes!) With that, we thought we would incorporate some FUN into some of those superstitions and share them with you in this Foto Friday . So enjoy our spin on some common superstitions:
- To break a mirror is 7yrs bad luck Up-cycled plates into mirrors
- Garlic protects from evil spirits and vampires Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- If a black cat crosses your path you, will have bad luck Black Cat Wall Decal
- At the end of a rainbow is a pot of gold Fruit Rainbow
- To open an umbrella indoors is to bring bad luck Umbrella Door Decoration
- To find a horseshoe brings good luck Pottery Barn Box
(we thought this would be an easy “knockoff” project if it were made with ‘horseshoe’ handles instead)
There you have it…another fun Foto Friday. Have a great weekend and enjoy the last couple days of our blowout clearance sale!